Institut für Informatik
Lehr- und Forschungseinheit für Programmier- und Modellierungssprachen
E-Mail: b r y [at] lmu * de
By arrangement (please, ask for an appointment e.g. via email), place: Oettingenstraße 67, Room E104
Subjects for bachelor and master theses: See with members of our group, with myself, and at Research projects.
Letters of reference, visits to foreign universites, etc.: Please do not ask at the last minute.
Blog "Erlebt" on the every day life of a university scientist (in German): http://pms.ifi.lmu.de/erlebt/
Current research focus:
- Rule and Query Languages, Automated Reasoning, Logic Programming
- Web and Semantic Web Reasoning
- Social Media and Human Computation
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Slim Abdennadher (1998)
- Sunna Torge (1998)
- Holger Meuss (with Klaus U. Schulz, 2000)
- Michael Marte (2003)
- Sebastian Schaffert (2004)
- Dan Olteanu (2005)
- Paula-Lavinia Pătrânjan (2005)
- Stephanie Spranger (2005)
- Felix Weigel (with Klaus U. Schulz, 2006)
- Sacha Berger (2008)
- Tim Furche (2008)
- Michael Eckert (2008)
- Alex Kohn (2009)
- Benedikt Linse (2010)
- Klara Weiand (2011)
- Jakub Kotowski (2011)
- Fabian Kneißl (2014)
- Christoph Wieser (2014)
- Steffen Hausmann (2014)
- Stephan Leutenmayr (2015)
- Alexander Pohl (2015)
- Member of the editorial board of the International Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS)
- Member of the editorial board of the Journal of Intelligent Information Systems (JIIS)
- Member of the board of the International Conference on Web Reasoning and Rule Systems (RR)
- Summer Schools Reasoning Web 2005, 2006 and 2007
- REASE, the EASE repository for learning objects in the Semantic Web area
- GI representative ("Vertrauendozent") at the University of Munich
- Humanwissenschaftliches Zentrum der Universität München
- Member in the following computer science associations: AFPC, ACM, ALP, ECSA, EPTS, GI, GLP, SIG SEMIS.
- Functional programming
- Introduction to algorithms and data structures
- Introduction to theoretical computer science
- Introduction to logic for computer science
- Introduction to discrete mathematics
- Web information systems
- Human computation
- Programming in Prolog
- Programming ion Scala
- Logic for computer science
- Declarative languages
- Compilers and abstract machines
- Knowledge representation and management
- Automated theorem proving
Born 1956, married, three daugthers, French and German citizen.
- Since 1994:
- Research and teaching on data and knowledge modeling, query languages, search engines, rule-based and logic programming, Web systems and social media, Technology Enhanced Learniung with the Institute for Informatics, University of Munich, as a full professor and head of the Unit "Programming and Modelling Languages".
- Work on deductive databases, logic programming, and automated deduction at ECRC (European Computer-Industry Research Centre), Munich, first as a researcher latter as a project leader.
- Work on statistic databases at the research center IRT (now INRETS ), Paris, as a researcher.
- Military service with the French Air Forces at SIRPA Air as a PR officer.
- Work on a text processing system at Transac-Alcatel (now Alcatel), Paris, as a software engineer.
- PhD student in Mathematics (Graph Theory) at University Paris 6 (supervisors: Claude Berge and Michel Las Vergnas) and lecturer at ESIEA, a school of engineering, Paris.
- First, student in applied mathematics and economics, University Paris 9, then, student in mathematics, University Paris 6.
- 1974 and before:
- French Baccalauréat while at École Alsacienne in Paris 6. Formerly, at Lycée Romain Rolland in Ivry-sur-Seine, École Jean Poulmarch in Paris 10, École in Vandœuvre lès Nancy, École Saint-Exupéry in Rabat, Marocco.